I am a PhD student at School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University currently working with Associate Professor David Lo in the SOAR group.
Before joining PhD at SMU I had worked as a Software Developer for Accenture as well as TCS Ltd., developing and maintaining enterprise software for Insurance and Airline industry clients. You can have a look at my LinkedIn profile for further details.
I am a native of a small Himalayan state called Himachal Pradesh in India and have been born and brought up there till my graduation from National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur in 2008. I like to follow football and gadgets and enjoy running.
- Our paper "Cataloging GitHub Repositories"" got accepted in the Short Paper track of Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering Conference (EASE), 2017 . A preprint of the same is available here. [pdf] [code] [data]
- Our paper "Harnessing Twitter to Support Serendipitous Learning of Developers" won the Best Paper Award in the ERA track of Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER), 2017 . A preprint of the same is available here.
My research interests are Social media Analytics w.r.t Software Engineering and how to utilize and apply Data Mining techniques for making Social Media more useful for Software developers.My publications can be found below and at google scholar.
- Sharma, A., Tian, Y., & Lo, D. (2015, March). NIRMAL: Automatic identification of software relevant tweets leveraging language model. In Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER), 2015 IEEE 22nd International Conference on (pp. 449-458). IEEE. [pdf]
- Sharma, Abhishek, Yuan Tian, and David Lo. "What’s Hot in Software Engineering Twitter Space?." Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution (ICSME 2015). Bremen, Germany. 2015. [pdf]
- Sahoo, D., Sharma, A., Hoi, S. C., & Zhao, P. Temporal Kernel Descriptors for Learning with Time-sensitive Patterns. [pdf]
- Sulistya, A., Sharma, A., & Lo, D. (2016, November). Spiteful, One-Off, and Kind: Predicting Customer Feedback Behavior on Twitter. In International Conference on Social Informatics (pp. 368-381). Springer International Publishing. [pdf]
- Sharma, Abhishek, Yuan Tian, Agus Sulistya, David Lo, and Aiko Fallas Yamashita. "Harnessing Twitter to Support Serendipitous Learning of Developers."Software Analysis, Evolution and Reengineering (SANER), 2017 [pdf]
- Sharma, Abhishek,Ferdian Thung, Pavneet Singh Kochhar, Agus Sulistya and David Lo. "Cataloging GitHub Repositories" Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering Conference (EASE), 2017. [pdf] [code] [data]